Sunday 28 August 2022

Blast from the past!

We first owned her 26 years ago. Purchased brand new when both MTM and I were working at proper jobs rather than mucking about trying to be an artisan. It was the aquisitive, tail-end of Thatcher 1990s, you were what you bought.
The personalised number plate a birthday gift. The VVC stands for Variable Valve Control, a feature of the model which makes it go faster. I drove VVC for several years but also had the series of accidents in her that led to me not driving for over a decade.

In the intervening time, we created many happier memories .... adventures, holidays and weekends away. She drove me to and from Lincoln College for two years when I retrained for one of my many occupational reinventions.

One stand out evening was driving home from a Del Amitri concert, top down at midnight, singing Here and Now - loudly - to a summer's moon. Through a chance remark and one extraordinary coincidence, the stars bizarrely aligned to make her ours once again. The one car neither of us will ever forget.

We will love and cherish you forever, we curse the fate that kept us apart for so long. None of the other cars since we let you go have meant a thing. You have comfortable, fabric seats, balm to even the most aggravating haemorrhoids.

Welcome home A15 VVC.

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!