Friday 23 July 2010

Looking forward to Saturday


Got lots of new jewellery to show off on my stall tomorrow at All Saints Art & Craft Market in Cambridge. Here is the bracelet that I made with the multi-coloured plasma doughnuts that I featured here on Wednesday. The beads were just screaming amethyst at me and I really like the colour combination. There are a couple of pairs of earrings to match.

This cluster pendant won't be for sale but I'll probably be wearing it; this is made with the diamond anniversary champagne beads and is a special edition exclusive to female members of my family only (previous blog entries explain the background to this range). Again I've made a couple of pairs of earrings to match as well.

I've not made any new silver earrings for a while, these have got handmade earwires, I've also made a pair of studs with the same puffy hammered triangle shape. The silver has been slightly domed in order to catch the maximum amount of light. I usually use a small ball pein hammer for my hammer effect but I've bought a new texturing hammer which has a stripe profile and makes larger elongated impressions on the silver. I think I'll be making more jewellery using it as I like the effect so much.

Come along tomorrow, have a day out in Cambridge and see the new jewellery in person! Having missed last week, I can't wait to get back into it; have a lovely weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your stall. I will think of you in the morning.
    The fashion around here at the mo, is that everything is huge.... I just like it to shine and sparkle.
    Most of all I like it to be very personal to me.. and eye catching, have a good time. But most of all. Give your beautiful work a good home. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in that first bracelet make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both, it was good to be back on my stall but we had a slow morning; I can always tell from how many numbers I get put into the Big Issue Soduko puzzle; I got it about half finished, which is very unusual! The afternoon was a different story, I sold out of the multi-coloured plasma jewellery and went home with plenty of replacement stock to make for week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!