Friday 3 April 2009

New mermaid beads

I'm really pleased with the beads that I made into this bracelet. I have made some similar round ones before (see my Gallery page) but I encased in clear. They were really pretty but now I've made them into lentils, I used some glass with the merest hint of aqua in it as the encasing gives a halo effect which is more interesting if it has a little colour in it. They are so seaside!
Mermaid bracelet made with handmade lampwork beads
I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front as it was my year end on 31 March and I have to count all my stock and materials and get all my accounts in order. If I don't do it now, I will forget when it comes time to file my tax return. I'd rather not pay the tax man any interest or late penalties - he gets enough off of me as it is!


I wish the weather would make up it's mind; yesterday it stayed cloudy and cold all day, we even lit a fire in the evening. This morning it was the same but this afternoon the cloud has burned away and so it's now nice and warm. Trouble is, I had already made a nice warming stew for dinner; it's simmering away on the stove as I type and has been since just after lunch. It feels like we should be eating a salad instead. Oh well, if that's the worst of my troubles, I'm not so badly off am I?!

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!