Monday 21 December 2015

Solstice candle

Candle for the winter solstice
Love and light and other seasonal greetings for the Winter Solstice to my family, friends, customers and readers of my blog.

Quite often, I feel a bit downcast at this time of year. Christmas can sometimes feel like a huge barrier to be overcome so that Spring can arrive. The tree and lights are up; they're cheery and bright but the older I get, the more I realise that the things I really want for Christmas cannot be bought. On the bright side, I'm very much looking forward to spending Christmas day with the whole of my family; for the first time in some years, all of the Cannings brothers and sisters will be together on the day.

With the shortest day of the year being tomorrow, the 22nd, the sun will start to come back for longer and longer each day. Welcome back to the sun!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

x

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!