Thursday 30 July 2009

Summer clear out

I've been running out of space on my stall at the Art & Craft Market and have been aware for some time that I need to trim down my range. Broadly my jewellery fits into one of three categories:
  • All silver
  • Silver combined with gemstones/swarovski crystal
  • Jewellery made with lampwork beads (sometimes incorporating complementary gemstones and swarovski crystals)
I've taken the decision that in order to concentrate on my lampworking, I will no longer making jewellery which has swarovski crystals or semi-precious gemstones combined with silver. My all silver range will be retained and I'll be expanding the range on an ongoing basis. I couldn't do without my beaten silver - as I tell my customers all the time, hammering on some silver sheet or wire is a great way to relieve stress and irritation if you're ever cross about something!

So this means that unless a piece of jewellery is all silver or contains a lampwork bead, then I am removing it from my range. Yesterday I updated my website and any items falling into this category has been moved to a new Jewellery Gallery and you can no longer order them from the website.

I've been through my stock inventory and removed all of the earrings that fall into this category and these will now be on sale on my stall from this Saturday at the bargain price of £3.00 unboxed per pair (average price of these before was £8-£9). They will be supplied in a plain polythene bag but you can buy a box for £1.

There are a couple of bracelets that will remain on sale on my stall but once they are sold, they won't be replaced.

The next thing I want to do is update the display of my stall but this will require some more thought and investment in display materials - watch this space for more news soon!

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!