Thursday 23 August 2018

Odd, uneven time

August rain: the best of the summer gone, the fall not yet born. The odd, uneven time.
Sylvia Plath



I am grateful for cooler weather. 37.2 is the record in my studio. 

37.2 degrees C is too hot to make beads in

I have had to abandon my studio so many times early in the afternoon due to getting too hot, it's severely affected the turnover of my business. I work in a glazed shed (one of those summerhouse style ones for the light) so it acts a bit like a greenhouse. I have all three windows and both doors flung open to their greatest degree but the South facing window is shaded. Add to that I'm hunched over a flame powered by Butane and Oxygen running at over 1000 degrees AND sat next to a kiln programmed to 520C ... well it's no wonder really.

Apologies to all who enjoy the heat but for me, a weather forecast in the early twenties means I can finally work all day again! 

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!