Thursday 10 September 2009

Hoax virus alerts

A bit of a moan today, please can people STOP sending me virus alerts thinking they are doing me a favour. 99% of these e-mails are hoaxes and are themselves viruses by the fact that everyone who gets them sends them on to all their contacts and it just clogs up everyones' mailboxes for no reason. If an e-mail asks you to "read and forward" just ignore (or at least take me off your mailing list if you're going to keep sending them!)

The latest staying a huge new virus will destroy the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept is just an old chestnut reworked.

If you use the latest internet browsing software, get a firewall and keep an anti-virus package updated, you should have very few problems. My first rule of survival on-line is to never click on links in e-mails unless they are directly from (not on behalf of) someone you know well.

However, I don't mind getting funny read and pass it on (as long as they're only text with .jpgs). This is the latest one from one of my sisters which made me giggle:
Last night, my husband and I were sitting in the living room, and I said to him, 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.' He got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine!

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!